Latest test numbers

Re: New test numbers!

You got this one?

playset.jpg

You're at the max on the pH test. Which means you may be at 8.5 or something. Which means when you calculate the acid dose to get pH to 7.2, you might not reach it the first time. Dose, mix with brush and pump for half an hour or so, then retest and repeat as needed. You'll need to run the TA test if the pH needs another adjustment because it will be a little lower. When pH is right, then you can start with the bleach. Look at the bright side: you've just brushed and exposed all the algae immediately before bleach, so it ought to speed things along.

Hello all,

i would like to check my math. I plugged in my pool size on pool math, 35000 gallons. My fc is currently 1, cya is 60. So I'm looking for a shock value of 24. Does 1119 oz of 10% chlorine sound correct?

thanks!
I get 1030 ounces of 10%. With a gigantic pool like yours, you can just round up to the next closest full jug and stay within the tolerances of the FC test.

Hello!!

I started my slam on Saturday morning. These are my results as of just now:
FC 25.5
CC .5
CH 650
TA 200
CYA 55
PH 7.8

the shallow end has responded very well. Deep end is still cloudy. I have been brushing at least twice a day, and testing every couple of hours. It has really been holding chlorine well and not burning through a lot. Should the deep end (10 ft) be clearing up by now? Every time I brush, I still get a little of the milky white powder stirred up. Do I continue until the filter has taken care of that?

thanks!

Sadly, yes.

Try to improve circulation down deep. Use the main drain if you have one. Point a return jet down into the deep end. Leave the vacuum connected and laying on its side or upside down so you pull the water in from down deep. You're also a good candidate for adding DE to your filter. If your filter is chicken wire, DE will make it like window screen. It's strain out a lot more stuff. There's a link to the instructions in the SLAM Process article, near the end.

I have what looks like a drain or skimmer on the bottom(sorry first time pool owner) but have no idea how to make it do anything. I have a robotic vacuum, but also a vacuum hose left behind from previous owner and hooked it up and I have it on the bottom of the deep end. I o my have one jet in the deep end and it is already pointing down. I'm hoping these steps help clear it up quickly. I have a 6 year old that won't take her swimsuit off. Lol. I'm going to look in to adding some de to the filter to hopefully make my sand filter more efficient and speed things up.

Hey all,

I thought I would give an update...finished my slam yesterday after a full week and about 15 gallons of chlorine. I got my 3 C's just in time for the family to visit. I want to thank all ya'll for the advice and help. The pool stores won't be near my pool again! The water is the clearest I have seen it and feels great! I look forward to seeing ya'll on the boards! I've attached a before and after(it's time to resurface and I'll keep y'all updated when we do that).

Clint

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 20

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.