Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need to repair cracks and re-plaster

1. Back To Top    #1

need to repair cracks and re-plaster

I have an in ground 18' x 36' (approx 26K gallons). it's gunite/concrete. Don't know age of pool but house was built in 1976. I've owned it 11 years. I have some small cracks and several larger chunks missing from the top along the water line. I want to repair those missing chunks and cracks and re-plaster. Any advice on which products to buy? I planned on power washing before I begin to help get rid of all the algae I had last year.
    26K gals, 18' x 36' IG concrete/plaster (gunite?), 200 lb sand filter, chlorine, City Water, Barracuda suction cleaner. Sand blasted and repainted with Ramuc DS Acrylic Pool Paint spring 2017. Unsure of the pool's age but the house was built in 1976. I've owned it since 2006.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: need to repair cracks and re-plaster

Who are you going to have replaster the pool? They would be the best ones to help you with the patching and such.

If you have battled algae in the past we can help you so you do not have to anymore! We teach Trouble Free Pool care using your own test kit and stuff you can buy from Target or Walmart! How cool is that?? Do a little reading here to see what it is all about:

TFPC for Beginners

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit