IC40 reading 6600ppm or ~double real salt level??

My IC40 is about 5 months old. Yesterday it read low, 2800 add a bag of salt to my 22k gallon pool. I added 20 lbs or less of salt and today it is reading 6600. Using a cheap TDS meter I get 3340. Compared to my pool guy's calibrated meter mine reads about 800 ppm low.

I searched threads and cleaning salt cell seems to be the advice but the cell has only been active for a month. Is this a sensor defect? Do I ignore reading, clean cell, request warranty repair, or something else?

DC,

I would not pay attention to anything the cell has to say within 24 hours of adding salt. In theory you are supposed to shut the SWCG off for 24 hour while the salt is blended with the water.

Also the IC40 only measure once every 12 hours (Unless you turn it off and then back on).. So your can watch it for 11 and 1/2 hours and see nothing change.. :p

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.