FC and weather

Perpetual summer

Silver Supporter
Feb 17, 2017
Ohio
First time with a pool in years and first time with TFP. Opened pool about a month ago. A few weeks ago added a gallon of bleach, a few days later got the SWG going. I started with 50% then kept dialing down the percentage. On 5/4/17 fc was 12ppm, I shut off SWG till fc fell on its own to target of 5....as of today
Fc=10.5
cc=0
ph=7.8
ch=240
cya=80
salt=3200
weather has been mainly in low 60's, some warmer days some colder, some rain, some full days of sun, swam 1 day, had solar cover off 2 full days in full sun. My question is it normal for the fc to hold so well? With the fc being over 10, is my ph reading accurate ?

Your pH is probably pretty close, we like the FC < 10 to test the pH.

You FC is going to fluctuate with the weather and with the use of a cover. When cloudy or when the cover is on, you are going to lose less FC to the sun and the FC will climb.

Wait, Are you saying that your SWG has been turned off since 5/4? Because only dropping from 12 to 10.5 is basically impossible over 8 days with no chlorine being added.

That's what iam questioning. Fc basically hasn't dropped much in almost 2 weeks. Just checked again and in the easy touch, intelichlor states "enable-no". It's off correct? It was still listed at 10% so I changed it to 0 to make sure.

Ok, so here it is four days later, FC sits at 10.5......It will not drop. Today solar cover off. Air temp 86, bright sun with swimmers in pool most of day. Still no change. Intelliflo is set to "enable-no" percentage set to zero. It's been like that for over a week. I have not added anything.... the only thing I can think of is that the chlorinator is still producing although it's turned off in menu. There is a circuit breaker marked chlorinator. Will there be any problems or reprocussions if I turn breaker off to find out if that's the problem? Then turn it back on in a few days if FC drops.

The SWG has to still be running.

I can not think why the chlorinator would have a breaker ... that does not make sense. Is your SWG controller not part of the Easytouch?

The small breakers in the upper right of the Easytouch are for self protection. So if someone shorts out the valve wiring the "Valve" CB will pop. The one marked "chlorinator" is there to protect the SWCG power supply inside the ET.

I would not think turning it off would hurt, but see no reason to do so. Just set output percentage to 0...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.