Am I crazy?

Aug 4, 2015
LAWRENCEBURG, IN
So, I started my opening yesterday of an expected green pool. I had to close my pool earlier than I wanted to last year due to having back surgery at the end of September, so I expected it to be a mess.
So I got everything started up and circulating, vacuumed to waste and shocked it last night with 3 gallons of 10%. I didn't have a chance to test the chlorine that night.
Pool looked better today, backwashed and brushed and gave it another 3 gallons. Did a quick chlorine test before I shocked and showed between 2-3. Added the 3 gallons and checked the chlorine 15 minutes later, no change.
Checked the chlorine 3 hours later, no change. Am I getting a false reading or did I have bad chlorine? Bottle date was 4-3-17.

I'm completely out of the CYA test, so I'm waiting on those refills. I also found it weird that before I did the shock this evening, my PH showed 8.2 or above on the drop test. After I added the chlorine and tested again, the PH showed around 7.2.

- - - Updated - - -

CC was around 2 when I tested

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.