Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plumbing losing pressure?

1. Back To Top    #1

Plumbing losing pressure?

I'm wondering if my plumbing should have list pressure overnight? I just had the pool plumbing done yesterday & the gauge was sitting at 41 last night, it's at 36 now, is this okay?

Thanks in advance for any information !
    Under Construction In-ground Freeform 11K gal Pentair intelliflo Clean&Clear cartridge filter, EasyTouch w/IC40, Baja Mini Pebble interior - Sky Blue, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plumbing losing pressure?

Just to clarify, but are you saying that your pool plumbing is closed up and on pressure test? If so, depending on your temperature drop, a 5# (12%) isn't out of the question. If possible, leave it closed with your gauge on and see if the pressure rises as temps warm.
    16' x 32' (21100 gal), vinyl, 1.5 hp Hayward SuperPump,
    Tagelus TA60/60D Sand Filter, Raypak 399K Digital Heater, TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Plumbing losing pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Tool View Post
    Just to clarify, but are you saying that your pool plumbing is closed up and on pressure test? If so, depending on your temperature drop, a 5# (12%) isn't out of the question. If possible, leave it closed with your gauge on and see if the pressure rises as temps warm.
    Yes, it is on a pressure test for inspection. The gauge is on the pool filter itself. It was 41 when he left last night & has dropped to 36. I wasn't sure what to expect. I will watch it today.
    Thanks!
    Under Construction In-ground Freeform 11K gal Pentair intelliflo Clean&Clear cartridge filter, EasyTouch w/IC40, Baja Mini Pebble interior - Sky Blue, TF-100