Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IG Vinyl Robotic Pool Cleaner to choose? (Dolphin S100 Saturn or S200 Discovery)

1. Back To Top    #1

IG Vinyl Robotic Pool Cleaner to choose? (Dolphin S100 Saturn or S200 Discovery)

Thanks to this forum and all of the great replies from the community I've found a ton of info on robotic pool cleaners here.
    I'm down to either the Dolphin Saturn/S100 or Dolphin Discovery/S200. A couple of posts indicated for a vinyl liner to save some $ with the Saturn/S100.
    Is this mainly a financial item or will the extra brush on the S200 have a negative affect to the vinyl liner?

I do have some trees but not a forest. I mainly get some dirt accumulated by the steps and in the coves in the deep end. I currently have a MX8 suction which when it works is fine but its getting old and frankly my pool pump doesn't have enough suction to make it work right so its a constant battle. However, that may sound like I'm not interested in going the S200 route. I would rather spend the $150 to get the higher unit so long as its not going to wear out the liner excessively more than a single brush would.

Thanks!
    18x36 IG Steel Wall Vinyl 25K gallon 3.5-8ft, Hayward 4820 DE Filter, Hayward 1HP Super Pump, Hayward 250K BTU NG heater, Zodiac Baracuda MX8 Cleaner, 4 jets (steps/deep), 1 return
    30 mins North of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IG Vinyl Robotic Pool Cleaner to choose? (Dolphin S100 Saturn or S200 Discovery)

Mostly just to save some money. The S200 will be fine in a vinyl pool. You can also look for the Active10 and Active20, they are the same models also. Marina Pool in CO is another good source for S-series robot.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: IG Vinyl Robotic Pool Cleaner to choose? (Dolphin S100 Saturn or S200 Discovery)

I have the equivalent of the S200 and a vinyl pool and so far I am pleased with its performance.

16k Gallon, IG Vinyl, 16 x 34 x 25 Lagoon. Pentair Intelliflo VS2, ScreenLogic 2, Pentair Sand Filter, Colorlogic LEDs, TF-100, Speedstir, Pentair 920 Prowler (Rosie), and all wine is fine.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies. I've been in contact with Margaret at Marina Pools and they have competitive prices.
    I'm actually leaning towards the S200 or Active 20 (same thing) mainly because the basket difference and the second brush.
    The bluetooth on the Active 30 (S300) is also really tempting because there are usually a few spots that my current suction cleaner always misses and I keep dragging it over hoping it will get it.
    18x36 IG Steel Wall Vinyl 25K gallon 3.5-8ft, Hayward 4820 DE Filter, Hayward 1HP Super Pump, Hayward 250K BTU NG heater, Zodiac Baracuda MX8 Cleaner, 4 jets (steps/deep), 1 return
    30 mins North of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania