Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex brand worth the extra money?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex brand worth the extra money?

My 5 year old intex finally had a blow out, so I am looking to replace it. I purchased a used/in great shape with no holes intex 16ft only to discover that it had 25+ pin sized holes. The guy won't return my calls. My pad is ready and pavers level. I guess I learned my lesson and need to move on and buy a NEW pool without wasting anymore money.

I can buy an intex pool for about $100 more than a summer escape, coleman or bestway pool. Is it worth the extra money to go intex? I have a hayward pump and sand filter and a hayward skimmer. I do not need the intex pump and plan on getting rid of it.

Thank you for your help.
    16 ft intex ultra frame above ground, 1 hp hayward pump with 18 in sand filter TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex brand worth the extra money?

You can generally get the intex pools without the pump included and they cost less money check online shopping if you can't find one without a pump locally. If your pad and pavers are setup for an intex pool get the intex pool. I don't think the paver locations will line up the same with the other pools.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex brand worth the extra money?

You can call Intex and there should be a liner number on the side and just order a new liner would be cheaper than a new pool
    27' AGP, gorilla pad, 52" deep, circu pool sj40 SWG, Hayward s220t sand filter and 1.5hp Hayward pump, diy solar panels 600' 1/2" tubing