Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thanks!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Thanks!!

New to the forum Hello from VA and just wanted to say thanks for all the valuable information here. I just ordered an Dolphin Active 30i from Margaret at Marina. I would never have known about this option without the info here and it has saved me several hundred dollars, over buying locally. None of my local dealers would budge on the price and lets just say it was very high. I look forward to adding my experiences with this cleaner, after I get some use with it.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thanks!!

Oh, I wouldn't have gotten that one. That's a huge mistake.

Just kidding. Looks like a great unit. Use it well.
    16 x 32 18,000 gal IG vinyl pool. 1.5HP SuperFlo VS pump. Hayward C4030 425 sq ft cartridge filter. Hotspot FPH heat reclamation pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the feedback. Quite a few folks on TFP buy from there and have had good experiences. That's a great robot, I've also got an S-series and it is fantastic!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

How much did you pay?

Free Form 13K IG (Quartz) w/Screen Enclosure - 2 Sheer Descents, 1 Bubbler - Hayward 60 SF DE Sta-Rite - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - Hayward Aqua Rite AQR9 (T-Cell-9) SWG - Zodiac MX6 - July 2016 - Taylor K-2006 - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test

5. Back To Top    #5

The Active 30i was $899 and the S300i was $999, including shipping. That price is absolutely killer and since they are the same machine, getting the Active over the S model is a no-brainer . My local dealers wanted $1599 for the Active 30, I never even asked the price for the 30i.
    SWG 14x32 IG Fiberglas pool. Hayward H250DP heater, Hayward 3202VSP pump, Hayward Pro S220T sand filter, Cover Pools automatic cover, Taylor K-2006, K-1766 and TF-100 test kits

6. Back To Top    #6

I received my Active 30i today, it arrived promptly, I only ordered it Monday and in great condition. I have put the cart together but naturally it is cold and rainy for the next 2 days, so I can't play with it yet. I will give it a try on Sunday, it's supposed to be warmer and we should be able to use the pool.
    SWG 14x32 IG Fiberglas pool. Hayward H250DP heater, Hayward 3202VSP pump, Hayward Pro S220T sand filter, Cover Pools automatic cover, Taylor K-2006, K-1766 and TF-100 test kits

7. Back To Top    #7

Just joined and already you've saved a bunch of money?

Hmm... CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

Just did!!

9. Back To Top    #9

Nice! Thanks for supporting TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

:applause:

Many thanks for keeping the lights on.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

11. Back To Top    #11

The weather finally cleared up and I got to throw Gorka, I don't know why but that's what the wife named it, into the pool. l am very happy with my purchase, it does a very nice job. The only problem is the ledge in the rear of my pool. Gorka handles the steps in the front just fine but I have a rear shelf that goes across the back of the pool and for some reason it gets up on the shelf and then just sits there. I can put it into floor only mode with the phone app and this doesn't happen. I don't really see any way to fix this problem when using the normal clean cycle, so I guess it's something I will have to live with.