Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from VA

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from VA

Just joined and thought I would do the introduction thing. My pool is a 14x32 fiberglass poll and I have had it for 16 years now. I have never had any problems with the pool itself, I have replaced the Hayward heater and the super pump but that's about all. This year when I opened it up, the filter line has a small air leak in it. The system will run fine on main drain or both but if I switch to just the filter line the pump will start cavitating, so no cleaning the pool with a normal suction side tool. At this time I definitely don't want to spend the thousands of dollars it would cost to replace this line. This led to searching for possible solutions and finding this forum. I plan on getting a robot cleaner and running the pool as is, with the valve in both and using the robot to do all the cleaning, I haven't found any information anywhere that his idea will not work. That's my story and I am enjoying looking at all the information available on this forum.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from VA

Hello and welcome to TFP! Actually, your plan is just fine. While it would be nice to eventually fine the culprit to that suction loss, many more pool owners today are passing on the suction/pressure line cleaner in lieu of a nice Robot or Dolphin-type product. They've come a long way. In either case, let us know if we can help in any way. Nice to have you with us at TFP.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!