Thank you TFP!

Nov 9, 2015
Lawrence, KS
I can't say enough good things about this website and the experts who are willing to help during all hours of the day. We opened our pool last year so this was the first opening we have done coming out of Winter. After opening the cover on Friday, I could tell the water was messed up badly as it stunk and was very cloudy. We used the TFP method all last summer so I was familiar with the basics of it. However, I never had to conquer a disaster such as what I was facing this year. With the help of several on this forum, I dedicated most of Saturday to following the SLAM procedure. One expert told me I probably had ammonia so we took care of that and then moved on to SLAM. After adding about 22 gallons of Menards 12.5% liquid chlorine, I am happy to report that our water is back to sparkling blue!

The best part about this is we have several others in the neighborhood who have had pools for years and use the standard chlorine pucks, algaecide, etc.. Because of our warm winter and warm February, many of them are suffering from serious algae issues that are taking weeks to try and clear up. I offered up TFP and I'm hoping to convince them to switch their methodology.

Anyways, I appreciate everything this forum does and thanks again to everyone who walked me through the process this weekend.

Thanks for the kind words.

Congratulations on your success, but we couldn't have done it without you. :lol:

I'm very glad to hear this worked out well so quickly, and I hope you're the envy of your neighbors this summer.

Patrick stealing my lines ;)

Glad we were able to help. Seems to have gone very quickly for you since you committed and were so diligent. Way to go!

I agree, it went much quicker than I thought would happen. You and Richard must have been online all day Saturday because I would post my results and your feedback was immediate. I did feel like I was babysitting the pool and my neighbors told me that they always assumed you just "shock" the pool and let it do it's thing. I told them I'm using a different method and showed them my Taylor-100 Test Kit. I think a few of them thought I was more of a scientist than a pool owner!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.