Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump extension cord

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump extension cord

We just replaced our AGP this week. Right now we are in the limbo period between having the pool built and having the electrician come. The current outlet for the old pool is about 35 feet away from the old one. Both the new and the old pump run on the 3 prong twist lock outlet. I can't seem to find a suitable extension cord to get me through. Do they not exist or am I just really bad at google searches?

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump extension cord

ITWIPMN,

There are like 50 different styles of 3 prong twist lock outlets...

You will probably need to identify the specific one and build a cable.

Take a close up picture of the outlet and the plug and take it to Home Depot or Lowers and they should be able to match it up.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I went to the hardware store known for having everything (even though its 1/50 the size of the box stores). I expected at best to find a salesman to help build a cord.

Found this little guy for $12 with a male conventional outlet and a female twist lock. Worth it just to prevent the swamp from setting in. Couldn't find anything like it online.

4. Back To Top    #4

ITWIPMN,

I love those types of hardware stores!!! Hard to find them anymore.

Glad you got what you needed..

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.