New Build in West Houston Area - PB

221ab330132160c4f334940cc247f3bb.jpg

Flashed + root barrier

Hey BYLP, congrats on your Build. I will say your build is closer to a commercial pool than it is residential. But I love it just the same. Bigger is always better! What is the "root barrier"? This is the first I have heard of it. I will also have plantings close to my pool (within 4 feet of my pool wall), and I am very concerned about what I can plant. What is the barrier made of? And how did you find out about it? Thanks.

Root barrier is a 100mil (10th inch) thick piece of high density polyethylene that stops roots from working their way into the pool shell. The engineer recommended it as roots can (over time) work their way through concrete. Neighbors have trees behind fence and their root systems come into the pool area. I plan on putting banana plants or something like that behind the pool too. I purchased this from a company called Lewis Bamboo. Bamboo Shield | Lewis Bamboo

Root barrier is a 100mil (10th inch) thick piece of high density polyethylene that stops roots from working their way into the pool shell. The engineer recommended it as roots can (over time) work their way through concrete. Neighbors have trees behind fence and their root systems come into the pool area. I plan on putting banana plants or something like that behind the pool too. I purchased this from a company called Lewis Bamboo. Bamboo Shield | Lewis Bamboo
I will definitely consider this. And it makes so much more sense to put it next to the pool shell. Thanks for the link.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
DUDE! It is starting to look like a real pool now!

Now is when I ask you what test kit will your PB provide. Let us know so we can fill in any holes.

I am also going share a set of links I put together for new pool owners.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.