Confused?

Kiddo44pct

Apr 20, 2017
Nyc
Hi..in process of selecting pb for my semi in ground aquasport...looking at 15x24 ..had a 15ft aboveground round pool..I had used a 1hp Hayward and sand filter..new pool gonna be 3ft in so pb suggests self priming pump..also back washing has been issue because of garden behind pool...so with new build I thought of burying a backwash line ..but I do have pavers..pb suggested cartridge filter and said I wouldn't have to backwash...question is anyone have some ideas..at least models,prices,do they make a cartridge system with self priming pump...thanks

Pumps and Filters are typically completely separate pieces of equipment ... except for the AG package deals which typically have a pump that is too big and a filter that is too small.

Bottom line, you will want an IG pump which are all self-priming (actually some of the AG pumps are too) and then any filter type you want.

I am going to guess you are roughly 10k gallons. So these are the filter sizes I would suggest as minimums:
150 sqft cartridge
18" diameter sand
36 sqft DE

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.