Intex pump isnt running at full power

May 15, 2015
Odense SØ
Hey fellow swimmers.

Im from Denmark and we are nowhere near ready to jump in our pool.......heatwise ;-) But we just filled the pool a couple of days ago. All winther it has been half full of water with no cover on, so the water has been a little dark.....or very dark, depending on who you will ask.

We are about to lower the PH from 7.9 to around 7.2, so we can get the clorine to work.

Our real problem is the power on our pump. We have a 2800gph Intex pump. Normally its running really well, but from the very start this year, it has been running with low flowingpower. When you look at the needle in the "meter", its pointing "late yellow" so its almost in the red area. If I put on the Intex bottomcleaner, it can barely run that. Last year, it was running across the bottom like it was on fire.....now barely moving at all.

When I had the same problem last year, it was allmost allways because the outlet in the pool had a lot of leaves and stuff sitting on it....but thats not the case here. Can anyone tell me where i might find the problem??

Just to make sure we understand ...... are you sure it's a "power" issue, and not simply a suction or water flow issue? For example, as dirty as the water appears to be right now, is there any chance the filter is simply overloaded with junk and needs to be backwashed or better yet - deep cleaned? Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

Im not sure of anything. But just before we started the pump this season, we looked into the filter to check the level of sand. It was fine and it was clean. It doesnt seem like there is something wrong in there. Im not sure where I need to look. I have been backwashing and rinsing quite som times now. It doesnt seem to help. Thats why I wanted to check in here....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.