Pump & Filter schedule

JZS50

May 1, 2017
Hocking Hills, Ohio
New pool owner, had one installed and the company set my pump schedule up b/c I at the time didnt' know anything. Now, that I looked at it; it is set to run:

8a-8p moderate pump speed
8p-10p high speed
10p-8a low speed

I only ask b/c I don't know, is 24 hours a day too much? Should I cut back at certain times. I know this is a lot based on individual preference but personal insight might help me build mine. Thanks!!

Jz,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all pool owners with scheduling problems... :shark:

You can set your pump to whatever makes you happy.. Here is my standard answer...

Each pool is a little different... You generally run a pump for three reasons:

1. To keep surface debris moving and being pushed into the skimmers. The more debris the more often you need to run the pump.

2. If you have a Salt Water Chlorine Generator (SWCG) you'll need to run it long enough to generate the amount of chlorine needed.

3. To circulate the water to ensure the chlorine is effectively distributed throughout the pool. Two or three hours per day is all that is needed for this to happen in most pools.

There really is no one answer that fits everyone.

I can run my IntelliFlo 24/7 for less than $20 bucks a month.. but that does not mean I have to... Most of the time at 1,200 RPM and never at a "high" speed.

If you had your signature filled out, we would know what kind of pump you have, if you have a SWCG, and if you have a water powered cleaner, which would make a difference in our answers...

Play with it and see what works best for you.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I run mine for 11 hours a day, 9a-8p; only because I like to see the water moving when the sun is out. I have it on low speed unless I see extra junk on the surface I want the skimmers to take care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.