Algae after shock

Please define "was shocked".
If you just randomly threw in some powder, that is why you still have algae.
Also please define "balanced" ... what are you testing with and what are the results?

We recommend following the SLAM Process process to eradicate algae.

Please define "was shocked".
If you just randomly threw in some powder, that is why you still have algae.
Also please define "balanced" ... what are you testing with and what are the results?

We recommend following the SLAM Process process to eradicate algae.

It was professionally shocked. I'm not sure what he tested for but he uses a professional test kit and said all levels were balanced. I hope that helps

- - - Updated - - -

This was his response for the stains "The green spots on wall are algae stain. The plaster is completely worn off and stain is in concrete, it may come out after salt system starts generating."

LOL ... sorry, "professionally shocked" is just about the funniest thing I have read on this forum.

We are here to teach owners to maintain their own pools ... and we are more than happy to teach you.
But, if you are relying on "professionals" to maintain your pool, there is not much we can help you with as our methods will differ from what they are doing.

If you want to take control, step 1 is investing in one of the recommended test kits, see link in my signature.
We also have a great resource called Pool School that will help you start to understand your pool. Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

I appreciate your response. My pump broke while I was out of town and I came back to a very green pool. I didn't have the ability to bring it back to the previous state. However I do have my own test kit and do plan on doing my own maintenance from here on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.