Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algae, calcium, or both??

1. Back To Top    #1

Algae, calcium, or both??

Wanted to pick your brains on my pool issue. We've recently opened our semi in-ground pool. There are greenish yellow spots on the liner that will NOT brush off. They feel rough like sand paper....water is clear. I have yet to test the water. Just want to see if anyone has had a similar experience??

Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Algae, calcium, or both??

Greenish-yellow would seem to indicate algae or organic staining, but not rough. Perhaps staining on top of scale? Hard to tell at this point. Perhaps some test results from your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 would help the crew here. Can you post please?
    FC
    CC
    CYA
    PH
    TA
    CH
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Algae, calcium, or both??

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Greenish-yellow would seem to indicate algae or organic staining, but not rough. Perhaps staining on top of scale? Hard to tell at this point. Perhaps some test results from your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 would help the crew here. Can you post please?
    FC
    CC
    CYA
    PH
    TA
    CH
    I just ordered the Taylor K-2006...my kit only tests chlorine (not FC), Alkaline, and PH...

I can give you those basic numbers tomorrow.

Thank you