Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquabright in Tampa Bay area?

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquabright in Tampa Bay area?

I'm starting to get bids to resurface my pool w/ diamond brite and want to get a bid for aquabright too.

1) Has anyone in the Tampa Bay / central Florida had AB installed?
    a) Are you happy with installer?
    b) Are you happy with the results?

2) Sometime down the road when it's time to refinish, what happens if Aquabright doesn't survive in the market / you wish to return to an aggregate finish? Is the only option to chip out to the shell?

Thanks!
    screen enclosed 12 x 24 rectangle 10k IG gunite with AquaBright (Blue Lagoon w/Blue Med markers), Pentair CnC RP 150, Pentair Superflo VS (no SWG, no water features, no heater)
    K2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquabright in Tampa Bay area?

Quote Originally Posted by TopherG View Post
    I'm starting to get bids to resurface my pool w/ diamond brite and want to get a bid for aquabright too.

1) Has anyone in the Tampa Bay / central Florida had AB installed?
    a) Are you happy with installer?
    b) Are you happy with the results?

2) Sometime down the road when it's time to refinish, what happens if Aquabright doesn't survive in the market / you wish to return to an aggregate finish? Is the only option to chip out to the shell?

Thanks!
    I can answer the second question - yes, you would have to chip out the AB and the plaster to which it adheres. But, honestly, if you want a new exposed aggregate plaster, you'd have to chip out the old plaster anyway. With Aquabright, if you want a new color, they can simply apply it over the old AquaBright color, no need to chip anything out (assuming the underlying plaster is still structurally ok).
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aquabright in Tampa Bay area?

Hi,

I am in the Tampa area and I just signed a contract with an installer to do my pool build with AquaBright today. I can keep you updated on the progress if you like.

Bob