Aquabright in Tampa Bay area?

TopherG

Bronze Supporter
Mar 23, 2017
Brooksville, FL
I'm starting to get bids to resurface my pool w/ diamond brite and want to get a bid for aquabright too.

1) Has anyone in the Tampa Bay / central Florida had AB installed?
a) Are you happy with installer?
b) Are you happy with the results?

2) Sometime down the road when it's time to refinish, what happens if Aquabright doesn't survive in the market / you wish to return to an aggregate finish? Is the only option to chip out to the shell?

Thanks!

I'm starting to get bids to resurface my pool w/ diamond brite and want to get a bid for aquabright too.

1) Has anyone in the Tampa Bay / central Florida had AB installed?
a) Are you happy with installer?
b) Are you happy with the results?

2) Sometime down the road when it's time to refinish, what happens if Aquabright doesn't survive in the market / you wish to return to an aggregate finish? Is the only option to chip out to the shell?

Thanks!

I can answer the second question - yes, you would have to chip out the AB and the plaster to which it adheres. But, honestly, if you want a new exposed aggregate plaster, you'd have to chip out the old plaster anyway. With Aquabright, if you want a new color, they can simply apply it over the old AquaBright color, no need to chip anything out (assuming the underlying plaster is still structurally ok).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.