Actuator solar valve quit functioning...

Remember there may be a 2-3 degree allowance around the temps. Like the solar may not turn on until the pool is ~2 degrees colder than your set temp and may run until it is slightly over temp. Also the solar temp reading needs to be at least a few degrees above the pool temp reading before the controller would allow the solar to turn on.

Right on everyone.....well I will see if the solar turns itself back on next week when it's supposed to get back into the 90 degrees around here.....will report back my findings sometime next week....

Ok everyone I'm back again early. I found where the temperatures are on my easytouch. The solar temp is 80 degrees. The water temp is 76 degrees. The outside temp is 67 degrees. Is that enough variance between solar and water for it to turn on the actuator?

- - - Updated - - -

To answer my own question it turns out that yes it is. The actuator is now functioning as it should. It seems that the solar temp was lower than the pool water and that's why the actuator wasn't actuating. Thank you everyone that helped me throughout this process.

There are actually often 3 temperature measurements (air, water, solar) and 1 desired water temperature setting.
I am not sure that the air temp reading is actually used for anything besides maybe triggering freeze protection.

Glad things are working now!

Not sure what you mean. There is only 1 position that makes the actuator work properly. If you switch it to the other ON position, the valve will be in the opposite position from where the controller thinks it is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.