Gas Line Reroute

Apr 25, 2017
Tomball, TX
I live in the Houston area and have Centerpoint Energy. Does anyone know the cost to reroute a gas line. I am about to start construction on a pool but my service line runs through about 1 foot of where the pool will be. I cannot move the pool over due to size limitations in my yard. Called Centerpoint but they won't call me back for another 2-3 days they say.

I paid $250 for up to 20ft plus $6/ft over the first 20ft. That included the 1 1/2" line, trenching and installation. It did not include filling the trench. That is in Las Vegas for a new line. Not rerouting an existing line but it should give folks an idea.

The main centerpoint number 713-659-2111. Took 5 business days for a call back though. They sent an email with some documents to sign and a link to pay the $350. Now we have to wait for the contractor to call us and make an appointment to see the yard and then reroute.

I just had to move 90 feet of 5/8 line from my lpg tank feeding my generator since it ran right down the middle of the pool. Labor and material was $1800. Best part was, i got to pay that bill twice since I installen the generator 5 years ago and never once thought I would drop a pool in the yard

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.