New Build in TX - come spend my money!

jfive

Jun 4, 2015
Austin, TX
Hi everyone,
I've been a long time lurker and visited the site a few years ago when we first thought about building a pool but it didn't work out back then... Well now I'm back and I've got money to burn ! :kim:(not really, take it easy). We've talked to a lot of friends, neighbor and even a few local TFPers who recently had pools built. We have have pretty much narrowed it down to two builders. If you could please check out what we're looking at doing and let me know your thoughts. I used my limited knowledge to ask for all this equipment so if anything looks wrong or something is missing please let me know. Same goes with the pool layout.. that still needs some tweaking I think. I'm not married to any of this, yet.
Pool layout: I'll post better views when I get them
latest pool render.jpg

Pool Specs:
Size: 35x15x18
Per. 95ft
Surf. Area 550ft
Depth: 3.6-5-7ft
Tan Ledge:10x7 @ 4ft
5 ton Waterfall
Pebblesheen
Gallons: ?k

Decking:
500 sq ft w koolkote

Equipment:
Filter: Pentair TR100 (I requested this because "sand is easy" and "buy a bigger filter than you need")
Main Pump: Pentair Intelliflo 3HP VS
Waterfall Pump: Pentair Intelliflo 3HP VS (is this worth it?)
Cleaner: KK Prowler 920
Control Panel: Pentair PL 4
Pool Lights: Pentair Intellibrite Color LED (x2)
Chems: Pentair Rainbow 320 Inline Chlorinator
Control: Pentair PL 4 with Screenlogic

So... there's about 60k give or take a few k. I'm amazing how much this process will take out of you. Then again, it's a pretty big check. It's been a long process to get to this inking the contract decision stage. I glad we're going it though and look forward to playing in the pool with the kids :)

My Todo:
Make final pool layout changes with builder (shape, deep end orientation, waterfall location)
Have step added to deep end
Get equipment model numbers added to spec sheet
Make sure sun ledge bubbler gets added
Sign
Pick stone, coping and pebble color

HI! I like what I see. I would LOVE to see a pic of the real yard it is going in.

The tan ledge--------@ 4 ft? As in 4 ft deep?

Think about going to the FL 8 wiht screen logic as it will give you more room to play with and add like landscaping lights and such.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.