Another newbie pool owner

I've been renting a house and it came with a intex above ground pool... kinda have some experience now, but it ended up ripping and we threw it out. I have now bought a summer waves 16×48 skimmer pool and now I feel intimidated because I plan to upgrade it with an intex sand filter I bought. Trying to figure out where to start first. I have both pump and filters spread out trying not to put a square peg in a round hole... ? I have watched some YouTube videos, but I haven't found one that really tells me how to do this... doesn't look to hard though. Also, should I go with saltwater or chlorine? My last pool we started with saltwater, but we didn't really know what we were doing and ended up going the chlorine route. We still have an intex regular filter system and a saltwater filter system as well from the last pool. Thanks, if anyone can help or whatever!!

Hi! Glad to see you hear! FLORIDA in the house!

Just to let you know a salt pool IS a chlorine pool. The difference is the SWG (salt water generator) turns the salt into chlorine instead of you having to add liquid chlorine.

I can't help with the rest. You might get more help if you start a thread in above ground pools with a title that really tells what you need to do.

Kim:kim: