Help with Waterline Tile and Pebble Tec! Newbie!

I know they are "good" snakes but they still creep me out!! We are putting in a fence with wire buried 12 inches into the ground to try to prevent unwelcome visitors. We live on a river - I'm petrified that my next visitor will be a copperhead or cottonmouth. No thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah we have a pond too so have had a fair share of moccasins. Knock on wood, its been a few years since I have seen one here. Mainly banded water snakes, black racers, indigo, and red and yellow rat snakes. Back in 2007 when TS Fay and then 2 Noreasters came through we had so much flooding that the snakes were coming out just to find dry land. Ended up with the largest moccasin I have ever seen on the back patio. Her head was bigger than my fist, body thicker than my arm, and over 4 feet long. I knew she had to be old and I felt awful killing her but with dogs, cats, and horses, it just wasn't safe to have a venomous snake ofthat size on the property. My hubby is scared of snakes and scares himself all of the time with sticks and things on the ground thinking they are snakes :lol: and I am the one who comes out and relocates the non venomous ones away from hubby and the dog.

Yeah we have a pond too so have had a fair share of moccasins. Knock on wood, its been a few years since I have seen one here. Mainly banded water snakes, black racers, indigo, and red and yellow rat snakes. Back in 2007 when TS Fay and then 2 Noreasters came through we had so much flooding that the snakes were coming out just to find dry land. Ended up with the largest moccasin I have ever seen on the back patio. Her head was bigger than my fist, body thicker than my arm, and over 4 feet long. I knew she had to be old and I felt awful killing her but with dogs, cats, and horses, it just wasn't safe to have a venomous snake ofthat size on the property. My hubby is scared of snakes and scares himself all of the time with sticks and things on the ground thinking they are snakes :lol: and I am the one who comes out and relocates the non venomous ones away from hubby and the dog.

I can't even imagine seeing a Moc that size ... I wouldn't sleep for weeks and would possibly have to burn my house down. Hahaha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
mama, lightstream is pretty BUT they have supply issues......it is several weeks out just to get it without any problems and there have been some problems with their suppliers so that pushes it out even further. I just want you know this up front before you decide which way to go.

:hug:

Kim:kim:

Mama, we have Lightstream tiles and yes, if they tell you 4-6 weeks to get them, add 2-4 weeks to that. Communication isn't the best either and they are pricy. That said, they are breathtaking and worth the wait!

As for the moc, yes it was nerve racking esp bc I heard the dogs with their warning bark and open the door to them on top of the snake! I threw them inside and when I stepped out the door, the moc struck at me! And of course my shovel got knocked over by the dogs and was next to the snake and the only gun was a 12 gauge and I didn't want to blow a hole in the foundation! Lol

This is the flooding I mentioned that started all the snakes coming out
IMG_5369a.jpg

Mind you, there is 4" of concrete before the siding starts
IMG_8183.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

IMG_8178.jpg

We found her babies for the next 3 weeks too. Thankfully, knock on wood, the first and last of that size in my yard! I did rescue a 4.5' yellow rat snake that my dog had treed in the corner of his pen but they are good to have around too.

Ok Shantelly - you are my HERO!! Any woman that uses snake, shovel and 12 gauge in the same sentence should have their own TV show!!! That snake will pop up in my nightmares tonight !!!

You're a bad butt!!!! :D

I have officially ordered the Artic Ice tile! I'm excited. I think the Lightstream is stunning, but I'm not willing to sacrifice a summer swim season waiting for it.

I will post pics when it starts going up!

Man thank god for the west coast! You all just talk about snakes and gators and other critters like it's just another Monday lol. Snakes creep me out and is not something I would want to deal with on a regular basis even if they are good for the eco system.
God bless you all for keeping us balanced

Will, Lets also talk about 3 sets of red tail hawks that nest and hunt all around me. The owls are awesome at night! The coyotes not so much. When they start "singing" it will send chills down your spine. Have not seen the bear but have seen their scat on the other side of the fence. We back up to a protect wetlands so have "neat" neighbors! Deer and fox just about every morning. I LOVE where I live!

Kim:kim:

I don't think I have ever heard anything scarier than the screams of coyotes! We see lots of deer and have heard we may have bear and bobcats, but I have never seen them. I worry about my dogs with the coyotes so we are careful about taking them out on a leash at night.

It is beautiful on our land and we love the trees, but this northern girl has a tough time with snakes!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.