Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not so New Pool Build - TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Not so New Pool Build - TX

Unfortunately I found you guys after I built the pool, but luckily before I took over the chemicals. I am finally getting around to posting the build with pics, so here goes. I did already replace the dump Polaris (Steve) for a robot (Norm). Steve would just find his corner and stay there, geez. And feel free to poke fun of my Ozone. But if it kills just one flesh eating bacteria, it might have been worth getting.

Current water:
    FC - 7
    CC - 0
    PH - 7.6
    CH - 270
    TA - 70
    CYA - 40

Before Dig

Dig Day

Steel and Plumbing

Gunite Shoot

Stone guys came by

Had them put a grill in also

Sand came yay

Regraded

A Deck finally

And they forgot the umbrella sleeves after I handed them over and told them where to put them.

Laying Sod - 4 pallets by myself (Ouch!!) The builder just could not get their guy to come so I got a refund and did it myself.

Plaster and Acid Wash

A blow torch ??

Random rock I found in the huge pile during cleanup:

Fill

Equipment turned on - I am having a panick attack when I see this green water.

Equipment pad

Bliss

Landscaping - I have a long way to go I know.

A little bit of color variation in the plaster. I kind of like it. It seems more natural

2016 Build: 20x30 15K Gal-IG Gunite, #4 Steel Tanning Ledge, Bubbler, Flagstone Coping, Stamped Concrete Deck, Jump Rock, Rock Waterfall, CLI Majestic Isle Pebble Finish, 3 Multi-Color LED lights, Ozone-DEL Eclipse 10, Empty Inline Tab Feeder, 2 HP Jandy Pro Series ePump with SVRS, 2 Skimmers, 6 Returns, 2 drains, 1 Cleaner Return, Jandy CV Filter 460 SF, Dolphin Nautilus+, iAqualink RS Automation, Borates, Test Kit Taylor k2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Not so New Pool Build - TX

great pool!

3. Back To Top    #3

J,

Great looking pool, thanks for the pics...

I have only got one question...

How did you get all the dirt off the roof that appears to be there in the 12th pic down??

I love boxers...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Haha the pics did blend together there.
    2016 Build: 20x30 15K Gal-IG Gunite, #4 Steel Tanning Ledge, Bubbler, Flagstone Coping, Stamped Concrete Deck, Jump Rock, Rock Waterfall, CLI Majestic Isle Pebble Finish, 3 Multi-Color LED lights, Ozone-DEL Eclipse 10, Empty Inline Tab Feeder, 2 HP Jandy Pro Series ePump with SVRS, 2 Skimmers, 6 Returns, 2 drains, 1 Cleaner Return, Jandy CV Filter 460 SF, Dolphin Nautilus+, iAqualink RS Automation, Borates, Test Kit Taylor k2006

5. Back To Top    #5

Everyone looks happy, including the boxer. Very nice. Should be a nice TX day today as well.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Nice looking pool neighbor.
    Built in 2017, IG Gunite, 16k gallons, Wet Edge Primera Stone plaster - Tahoe Coast, Jandy 605 sqft DE, Jandy VS+SVRS 2.7HP, Spa, Jandy JX1 400k BTU NG, Jandy iAqualink PS-6, TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

You did a good job already! I can tell you have already done your homework:

-Location filled out
    -SIggy filled out (I saw the EMPTY on the tab holder. Good job LOL)
    -know we will tease you about the ozone thing-at least this one does not hurt anything
    -pics of the pool
    -pics of the cute doggy

WELL done!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit