Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Opening

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Opening

This is only my second season opening on my own and using the BBB method. Removed cover this afternoon. Water is a little dirty but can see the bottom. Here are initial test results:
    TA 25
    FC 0
    CC 0
    PH 7.2
    CYA...filled tube completely and could still see black dot so most likely 0??

Please give me a refresher. Do I bring to SLAM level first until FC is holding over night then adjust other components??

25x16 rectangular in ground pool with vinyl liner (14,000 gal). Sta-Rite sand filter. 1HP single speed Max-E-Pro pump. Pool owner since 2013.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool Opening

Did you have CYA when you closed? If so add enough chlorine to bring yourself to 10 ppm and check your FC and CC in 15 minutes.

EDIT: Also, your TA is a bit low for comfort. Are you using pucks for chlorination at all or add a bunch of acid last year?
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes. Had cya when I closed. No pucks...only bleach. Only used MA to bring down PH last season. Seemed like I was lowering PH every couple weeks.

25x16 rectangular in ground pool with vinyl liner (14,000 gal). Sta-Rite sand filter. 1HP single speed Max-E-Pro pump. Pool owner since 2013.

4. Back To Top    #4

If the water is cold, let water warm up before doing CYA test

Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method
    POOL SCHOOL, ABC'S of WATER CHEMISTRY, POOL MATH, SUPPORT TFP!!, TEST KIT!

5. Back To Top    #5

Water is currently 60

6. Back To Top    #6

Lots of dirt on the bottom. Am I better off vacuuming or just stirring it up frequently and letting the filter catch it?

7. Back To Top    #7

How warm should water be to test CYA?