HELP First pool first test

Welcome! :wave:

The short answer is: nothing.

Your FC is on the high side, but that will take care of itself with time. Your pH is kind of low, but with the high TA, that, too will self-correct. CYA is on the high end. If you have a saltwater generator, it's perfect, but if you chlorinate manually, it's too high. If you've been using pucks to chlorinate, stop it. Pool School - How to Chlorinate Your Pool will explain why.

Didn't know the pucks were bad news. I'll stop and start with bleach when needed.
As far as the CYA, Do I need to do a total drain and fill?
No. Replace about 40% and you're good. It doesn't have to all be at once, either. As long as you maintain high enough FC for your CYA, you won't get algae. If you DO get algae, then you'll have to get aggressive with it and lower it all at once.

You probably get rain during the summer where you live, so capitalize on it. Otherwise drain a couple inches a week and use it on the lawn and refill. The key is to always maintain adequate FC. I was caught with severe water restrictions and CYS in excess of 200 when I took over my pool and I made it. The key is to ignore the tired industry standard "3 ppm is perfect" nonsense and use this chart or poolmath. You'll be maintaining higher FC than most people, but your daily bleach usage will be about the same.

And now that I think about it, ignore your pH reading for now. When FC is above 10, it tends to react with the indicator and give you a false high pH reading. Also the TA test may go blue to yellow instead of green to pink. Those results are still valid. Recheck things when the FC drops below 10.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.