opening saltwater pool

Apr 20, 2017
Tarboro
This is my first pool. I opened it a ten days ago. The water was clear blue with some pollen around the edges, when opening the levels were FC 0.0, TC 0.0, CC 0.0, PH 7.9, Hardness 125 ppm, Alkalinty 67 ppm, Cyanuric Acid 10, Phosphate 703 ppb, and Salt 1900 ppm. so i took a sample to the pool shop and they gave me a list of dosages to get the correct levels. My Alkalinty now is 122 ppm, ph 7.4, hardness 187 ppm, Cyanurtc acid 35 ppm, phosphate 115 ppb, salt 2900. after doing what they said and shocking it by the instructions from them my FC is 0.1 TC is 0.1 and CC is 0.0 and now the pool is green so i floc let it sit for 15 hours and vacuumed to waste and it is still green. What to do now?

Buy a proper test kit and stay out of the pool store. Take control of your pool. We will show you how.

They are emptying your wallet and obviously not helping you with your pool.

Welcome to TFP!

Wow. Hi and welcome to TFP

Your first thing to do is decide if you want to control the pool by educating yourself a bit and getting a good test kit to apply that education with or.......do you want the pool store controlling your pool through your wallet?

The next thing is to take a look at pool school linked at the top of the page. ABC's of pool chemistry is a starting point.

If after a bit of reading and you decide you want to control the pool, the next step is a good test kit. I love my TF -100 from tftestkits.net

After that is asking lots of questions :) we are happy to answer but really can't offer answers without good test numbers :)

Does it have a FAS-DPD chlorine test? How about a CYA test? Kind a trick question as I'm almost certain it doesn't. Here's a link for you. The first choice here is the TF-100XL with Speedstir (and the K-1766 Salt Test for your pool). It will save you hundreds and hundreds of dollars in wasted pool store potions and chemicals, maybe more. And your pool will always be sparkling if you decide to take control by testing and dosing with our science based methodology. Kind of hard to beat. Counterintuitively, Pool Stores are not the experts. You just found the site with the experts (mind you I'm not one of them, just a believer).

Test Kit Comparison

I recommend buying it from tftestkits.net.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.