Putting new liner in after years!! what to do now

Apr 13, 2015
Nashville
I have a SWG for a few years... and an old sand filter..they are going to drain and remove liner and install the new liner 18 x 36ft (21,000 gallons). How many bags of salt do I need and what do I need to put in to this newly installed pool. I hope he puts the lights well otherwise it might leak again. Do I put in some powdered bleach, calcium, etc etc first... I will have to add water first then the salt and measure right? Do I use bleach like before. I am curious? As I have been using bottled bleach from Walmart for 11 years ... people say the liner loses it color or even got holes below and started leaking from it... is that a myth?
I am going to ask someone to put a 27mil liner instead of a 20mil. Thanks

Nice new liner?? SWEET! What pattern did you pick out?

Have you tested your fill water? If so please post those results up so we can see what needs to be bought from the get go.

I do know you will need some CYA as it has to be added.

Do you know about Pool Math? It is at the top of the page and in my siggy below. That is what you can use to find out how much of each thing you will need to start up your pool right.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.