Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

We love the idea of a SUPER BRIGHT and VIVID light blue color. No dark blue or Windex blue or light blend blue. So, we are thinking about white pebbles (we are going with Pebble tec or sheen) and cannot decide which option would be the most vivid.

We were hoping others can share pictures of theirs here! It would be so helpful. Thank you so so much!

It's funny how we all perceive it differently. I always thought the Blue finishes looked like Windex water. No sand beneath water is Blue, so I always thought the lighter natural colored finishes gave the pool the most natural Blue hughes in terms of water color. Its all very subjective, but I greatly prefer the lighter finishes over all others. People recoil at the thought, but Green finishes give of some of the most awesome Blue water colors.

Reactions: ckaput
It's funny how we all perceive it differently. I always thought the Blue finishes looked like Windex water. No sand beneath water is Blue, so I always thought the lighter natural colored finishes gave the pool the most natural Blue hughes in terms of water color. Its all very subjective, but I greatly prefer the lighter finishes over all others. People recoil at the thought, but Green finishes give of some of the most awesome Blue water colors.

So true about the perception thing, the grey finishes make water look natural to me. I just don't care for the steps or Baja shelfs that look grey when the rest of the water looks so perfect. I can't imagine how a green Baja shelf would look :foot:

Light Greys give stunning Blue hues if you ask me. The Green finishes dont resemble Algae, or Grass Green in any way but look quite beautiful in shallow areas. But the Blue colors they throw in deeper areas are beautiful.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is mine!

e1b1b17c1ff5e1be982eb503d59e2fb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful color!

I agree no sand beneath water is Blue. Our favorite beach has white and light beige pebbles and that is what we are going for. We love pebble sheen aqua blue but I am not sure how natural a blue tanning shelf would look.

Here is a pic of the water color we like for reference.
View attachment 59554

That 3rd picture looks pretty. You will not get the same brightness/whiteness from PebbleSheen Blue Surf (which we have), not sure about Aqua Blue. But I can tell you, if I do a cannonball from our spa wall into the pool (i.e. shallow 3.5 ft end), my elbows can and do get a little scraped, and that is with the PebbleSheen, which we love. Can't imagine what the coarser PebbleTec would do. And yes, I should not cannonball from shallow end, but when the pool is cold, and you are enjoying a hot spa, sometimes you just gotta do it.

We love vacationing in the Caribbean where the sand is oh, so white! We decided that we wanted to feel like we were on vacation when we went into our backyard:

It looks a bit more Windexy in the photo in the shade than in person.

We also figured that the water would get warm enough and that a darker bottom would mean hotter water.

A very narrow "step" to ease ingress / egress to tanning ledge.

Close up of the pebble (dry).

Thank you so much for posting pics of white pebbles ! It really helps. The more the better... keep them coming everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Love it! What is you finish stodds? Does it look vivid in person? Do the glass blue beads actually sparkle or add color? Thanks!

We love vacationing in the Caribbean where the sand is oh, so white! We decided that we wanted to feel like we were on vacation when we went into our backyard:

It looks a bit more Windexy in the photo in the shade than in person.

We also figured that the water would get warm enough and that a darker bottom would mean hotter water.

A very narrow "step" to ease ingress / egress to tanning ledge.

Close up of the pebble (dry).

Thank you so much for posting pics of white pebbles ! It really helps. The more the better... keep them coming everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Love it! What is you finish stodds? Does it look vivid in person? Do the glass blue beads actually sparkle or add color? Thanks!

My builder called it Texas white, and I think that was the name on the back of the sample. The product came from NPT, and their site is terrible as it relates to showing samples . . . Sure looks like it is a StoneScapes product, somewhere between StoneScapes Aqua Blue and JewelScapes Sea Salt Mini. http://www.nptpool.com/finishes

Reactions: Rich D
Thanks stodds. I am looking at a similar finish than what you have (pebble sheen white diamonds with added blue beads). Does your finish look vibrant in person or is it more toned down with respect to the pic I posted?

My builder called it Texas white, and I think that was the name on the back of the sample. The product came from NPT, and their site is terrible as it relates to showing samples . . . Sure looks like it is a StoneScapes product, somewhere between StoneScapes Aqua Blue and JewelScapes Sea Salt Mini. http://www.nptpool.com/finishes

Thanks stodds. I am looking at a similar finish than what you have (pebble sheen white diamonds with added blue beads). Does your finish look vibrant in person or is it more toned down with respect to the pic I posted?
Hi! Did you end up doing White Diamond? I have to let my builder know and am having a hard time finding real photos and opinions of Pebble Sheen White Diamonds (I am also trying to figure out the difference between it and Arctic White). Hope your build went well!

Hi! Did you end up doing White Diamond? I have to let my builder know and am having a hard time finding real photos and opinions of Pebble Sheen White Diamonds (I am also trying to figure out the difference between it and Arctic White). Hope your build went well!
A nearly-white finish (which they both are) is going to result in an almost indiscernible water color from the next nearly-white finish. In my opinion, the only real difference is what the finish will like when looking directly at it. Having said that, I can't imagine you could really go wrong here, if you are shooting for a light blue water color.

A nearly-white finish (which they both are) is going to result in an almost indiscernible water color from the next nearly-white finish. In my opinion, the only real difference is what the finish will like when looking directly at it. Having said that, I can't imagine you could really go wrong here, if you are shooting for a light blue water color.
Thanks! Do you have a photo of yours? I feel like the photos I've seen of the Arctic Ice look more white on the sun ledge/ steps and less "busy" with the pebbles than the White Diamonds. I have also seen discussion of people leaving out the blue or adding xyz on White Diamonds to get more of the Arctic Ice look. I'm here in Austin- need to update my profile here soon. :) Thanks so much for answering!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.