Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

Thanks! Do you have a photo of yours? I feel like the photos I've seen of the Arctic Ice look more white on the sun ledge/ steps and less "busy" with the pebbles than the White Diamonds. I have also seen discussion of people leaving out the blue or adding xyz on White Diamonds to get more of the Arctic Ice look. I'm here in Austin- need to update my profile here soon. :) Thanks so much for answering!
Yeah, up in post #13, above. Link: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !
Read carefully, I do not have PebbleTec. But, you can see the impact of the very light finish on the color of the water. There are some up-close shots.

Reactions: cgtx
We love vacationing in the Caribbean where the sand is oh, so white! We decided that we wanted to feel like we were on vacation when we went into our backyard:

It looks a bit more Windexy in the photo in the shade than in person.

We also figured that the water would get warm enough and that a darker bottom would mean hotter water.

A very narrow "step" to ease ingress / egress to tanning ledge.

Close up of the pebble (dry).

A nearly-white finish (which they both are) is going to result in an almost indiscernible water color from the next nearly-white finish. In my opinion, the only real difference is what the finish will like when looking directly at it. Having said that, I can't imagine you could really go wrong here, if you are shooting for a light blue water color.
Thank you SO MUCH for referring me to your photos. I don't seem to have figured out how to get to peoples' files with photos of their build and final (which is of course exactly what i am needing to see during this decision- making process). That was maybe the most helpful 5 seconds I have spent online in months. :))) Your pool is beautiful, and your comments regarding vacation and water temp are EXACTLY how I feel and why I don't want to compromise on the surface color (by going with the Aqua Blue which builder says will hide leaves/ dirt better). I genuinely want to look out the window and/ or step outside and feel like the kids and we are at the beach, especially since we won't be flying to one anytime soon (they were finally old enough that we were going to start flying with them this year). And I imagine there will be times when I wish the pool was warmer (ie little darker finish), but I know that I will be glad in August and September when we are going on 30+ days of 100+ degree temps. Thank you again! Knowing what you were going for in your selection, and being able to completely relate, makes seeing your end result even more valuable.

Thank you SO MUCH for referring me to your photos. I don't seem to have figured out how to get to peoples' files with photos of their build and final (which is of course exactly what i am needing to see during this decision- making process). That was maybe the most helpful 5 seconds I have spent online in months. :))) Your pool is beautiful, and your comments regarding vacation and water temp are EXACTLY how I feel and why I don't want to compromise on the surface color (by going with the Aqua Blue which builder says will hide leaves/ dirt better). I genuinely want to look out the window and/ or step outside and feel like the kids and we are at the beach, especially since we won't be flying to one anytime soon (they were finally old enough that we were going to start flying with them this year). And I imagine there will be times when I wish the pool was warmer (ie little darker finish), but I know that I will be glad in August and September when we are going on 30+ days of 100+ degree temps. Thank you again! Knowing what you were going for in your selection, and being able to completely relate, makes seeing your end result even more valuable.

Great! I'm happy to have been of assistance. We do love the way our pool turned out, and I appreciate your compliments.

Don't hide dirt, clean it up!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.