Should I/Can I upgrade my SWG?

My system does have something inline that checks the salt level and communicates that to the SWG. It has done this for 5 years and I have never told it to change anything as for as purifier level goes. It is not always at 100% but when it gets warmer outside it seems to stay there.

R,

I believe that Auto pilot SWCG's do adjust based upon the temperature, but I don't believe that they measure the actual FC level.. But I've been wrong before, several times just today... :cool:

You may have some other unit that is not in your signature that measures FC..

It seems to me that if you are already at 100% than as it gets warmer it has no place to increase.

I would set the % at 60 and see what your FC level does. This would give it SWCG a way to increase as the days get hotter.

Maybe we can get one of our other Autopilot SWCG owners that can chime in here and help us out...

Jim R.

Ok so if they adjust based on temp and not on FC should I just basically not worry about the purifier % and just test my water every week to be sure the CYA levels are good?

R,

You only need to test your CYA every month or so as it is slow to change. What you need to test frequently is your FC level.. Your FC should be around 5 or 6...

To start, I would recommend that you test your FC everyday at about the same time. Record the readings you get.

Over a few days, if you see the FC going up, you need to turn the % down a little. If you see the FC going down, then you need to turn the % up a little.

In a couple of weeks you will get a "feel" for just how much FC (chlorine) you pool uses each day. Then you can start testing only once or twice a week...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.