Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool permitting

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool permitting

Hello,
    My husband and I signed a contract a month ago to build an Igr pool and would like to know how long it took from signing the contract to digging the hole it took ? Thanks in advance.
    Igr shotcrete 15x27' 3.6 to 6' depth.7'x9'x1' deep sun ledge with four steps and umbrella sleeve. Two deck stream jets. Two color logic light.Hayward Aqua Rite salt chlorinator.Hayward vs Ecostar pump.Screen pool enclosure.Tremron paver decking and coping.Waterline tile 6"luv tile ERV 1057.Omnilogic automation.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool permitting

Depends on the pool builder.

Typical California would be a three days for engineering and peEmit plans then the pool permit is over the counter at a couple days at most.

Where I live it's two weeks at most for HOA approval. Then it all depepends on the contractors schedule. Your mileage may vary.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Catnap,
    Have you spoken to your PB for an update? 4 weeks is not unheard of, but every municipality is different. I would go on-line and check with your local building department. They may have a guideline as to the approximate timeframe for permit approval. You might also be able to check on-line to see if the permit request has been submitted. Good Luck!
    Build in Progress - 15k gallons IG gunite, 12x38 rectangle 4-6-4, Raised Spa - 6x6 w/neg. edge & gas fire feature, All Pentair - IntelliFlo VS Pump, 420 Clean & Clear Filter, 400K BTU MasterTemp, IntelliChlor IC40 w/EasyTouch8 Bundle, ScreenLogic2, IntelliChem, 3 GloBrite LED Color Lights in Pool - 1 in Spa, 1 ColorVision LED Bubbler on Ledge, Bellecrete Grey Mod-Edge Pre-cast Coping, QuartzScape Mariner Blue, Sunstone-Lagoon 1x1 Mosaic

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Catnap View Post
    Hello,
    My husband and I signed a contract a month ago to build an Igr pool and would like to know how long it took from signing the contract to digging the hole it took ? Thanks in advance.
    The answer is...It depends. It depends on your county, as well as your PB. I signed my contract in November 2016. My PB had to wait on the screen enclosure company to provide them with the engineering plans. The screen company of course was not very "speedy", and then throw the holidays into the mix...needless to say it was not submitted in 2016. On the Treasure Coast, the average time for pool permitting can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks. My permit was submitted on 1/9/17 and issued on 1/30/17. The PB started the dig on 2/3/17. Check out the website of your local building department, there is usually a lot of helpful information on there in regards to permitting. I hope this helps!
    COMPLETED POOL BUILD:
    15'x28' Freeform (3.5'-5.5' deep)-12K gal. Saltwater w/ bay pearl plaster. Jandy equipment (CS 200 filter, 1HP VSP, SWCG). Raypak 5350ti-E Digital Heat Pump.1 LED. 747 SQ Flocrete Decking. Screen Enclosure. 2 Deck Jets. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir Magnetic Stirrer
    Dig Day: 2/03/17 | Fill Day: 3/29/17 | First Swim: 4/7/17

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi neighbor.... who is your pool builder
    I'm a black and white type of guy ... the only gray in my life is the hair on my head
    750 gal fiberglass built in spa with Hayward equipment. Pump is SP3010X15AZ Control is Aqua Plus with a T-cell-3 SWG and a H400FD Heater, Hayward C12002 cartridge filter filter