2nd TEST w/ K-2006

Apr 8, 2017
Hesperia, CA
Okay,

2nd test... Getting comfortable with the process, however my skills at balancing chemicals are dismal at best. I am going through so much chlorine it is not funny. Is it because our Ozone was finally hooked up ? have not added chlorine since I shocked the pool.

here is today's reading:

FC = 0.2 ( too low to detect really )
PH = 7.0 (added 13 drops of base demand test agent to bring it up to 7.4)
TA = 40 PPM
CH = 130 PPM
CYA = not detectable AT ALL.

I went to home depot and bought all the chemicals I need. I have everything now ( Yay...saved money, did not go to pool store.)

SO... Where do I start and what chemical do I add first ? Im thinking of starting with CYA first so my chlorine will stay a little longer. Of should I concentrate on my TA first ?

HELP !!! (Please)

Thanks everyone.

Mike

Sounds like a good plan. I would also start with CYA, use the calculator to get your numbers right and recheck. This
will give you confidence with the calculator and your testing.

Felipe

Thankfully one can add CYA then turn right around and add the chlorine without batting an eye! Put the CYA in a sock in your skimmer to dissolved over time, pour the chlorine in to the water in front of a pool return so that it mixes in quickly.

Yip :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.