Swamp Fever...First Time Pool Opening....SLAM Time

I'll take a pic today when I get home after lunch, it'll be nice and sunny.

Something must of been up with my FC testing this morning. It was either off last night or I added too much chlorine or something else. I checked it twice this morning and got the same reading both times 20ppm. I added just enough last night to get me to 16ppm. I'll check it again later when I get home, just doesn't make sense.

Does the water being cold effect the cya test results, seems like I remember reading that you should put the water inside and let it warm up some.

Just got done, cleaning the pool rails, getting all the leaves out from around the pool that on all my rock, sweeping the entire pool, skimming and scooping what I believe was the last of the leaves..fingers crossed.

Checked my levels a bit ago

FC = 14
CC = 1
CYA = 40 one time, 30 the next and 35...so I'm going with 40...LOL

Here's a picture from today before I did all of that.

IMG_0707_zpsaap7dovj.jpg

Added water, skimmed, raked bottom, vacuumed, brushed, backwashed and rinsed.

Levels when I checked
FC = 14
CC = 0.5
CYA = 40
Ph = 7.2

Add chlorine to get to 16ppm..I'll get a pic later.

Did get but a few leaves when I scooped leaves. Looks like now it's just a matter of keeping the FC up and letting the filter do it's job.

Can't post images until I find a free photo share program.

I've been loosing about 4ppm of FC which I expect but it feels like I should be loosing more because the water hasn't changed color much.

Numbers from this morning
FC = 13
CC = 0

Added enough to get me back up to 16. Maybe because the water is in the 50's is why I'm not loosing as much FC as last year at this time. Last year the water was way above 60 and algae had already started growing when I opened the pool. So does this sound about right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Skimmed, vacuumed, brushed, backwashed, rinsed, added water to the pool.

Numbers from this evening.

FC=12
CC=0
Ph=7.2

Raised FC back to 16

Took a picture and I'll post as soon as I get a chance.

You could probably try a cup of DE in your filter. That will help catch a lot of junk.

You could probably try a cup of DE in your filter. That will help catch a lot of junk.

If I can find someone that has any I might give that a try.

Here are a few pics from yesterday evening (4/30/2018). I'm not seeing much change but that could be because I see it everyday. When I brush I can see the white part of the brush if I pull it up about a foot and a half off the bottom.

pool_43018_1.jpg

pool_43018_2.jpg

Popped a connection on my hard pluming on the return side, it has a slow drip. Not sure if one of the dogs hit the pipe when they were out running around the pool. I'll have to find time at lunch to cut it out and fix it.

Pool numbers are still the same

FC = 14 (raised back to 16)
CC = 0
Ph = 7.2

Water color still looks the same to me.

I had a skimmer and pool full of catkins when I got home after work. It was really windy yesterday and looks like it will be again today. I skimmed, raked the bottom (pulled up a couple leaves and that was it), brushed entire pool.

Just a note: Take at least a few pictures each day try to do them at the same time. Best if there is something interesting in the pic like stairs or even the brush and pole. Compare those pics to each other and you should see a difference. We like pics around here, so please post them for all to enjoy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.