When should I start - Arizona

garywi

Silver Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I only have my pump running for one hour all winter. Now the temps are 90 during the day and 55 at night.

When should I start my normal chlorine treatments and running the pump for longer periods. We are not swimming yet. Probably won't until end of May.

Thanks

What's the water temperature? You want to make sure you're maintaining FC levels and balance out your pH before the water rises above 60 degrees... which it likely is already (always?). Pump run time likely needs to be at least a couple hours per day, more as the temperature rises to suit your chlorination and clarity needs.

What does the water look like now?

Have you tested your water recently? If not, do so today and post your results. Even though it looks clear, I'll bet you need to get chlorine in the pool!

BTW, I'm in Tucson and my water temp has been above 60º since late Feb. Right now it is 86º–that's without any supplemental heater! All I use is a solar cover to slow down evaporation but it does hold in the heat overnight which raises the temp quite nicely. Been swimming since the end of Mar (when water reached 80º)! :swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.