Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Alabama ... I am looking forward to learning from you experts!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Alabama ... I am looking forward to learning from you experts!!!

My name is Solomon. I have a vinyl lined pool and looking to educate myself to get it green free.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Alabama ... I am looking forward to learning from you experts!!!

Hello Solomon and welcome to TFP! Make sure to spend some time on the TFP Pool School page. You'll learn a whole bunch there to get started before you ask questions. Very nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Solomon,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all Alabama pool questions...

Tell us how you are currently chlorinating your pool?

I have played some mighty pretty Trent Jones Golf courses in Alabama...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have an Ionized pool. I was in Calif. when my wife converted the pool from a chlorinated pool to an Ionized pool. She was told that it was easier to maintain and cheaper to maintain. I am here now and we have a very green pool with tons of leaves in it so im looking for lots of answers. I know a lot about salt pools that my friends had in California but this is a different animal.
    Montgomery, Al.
    16 x 32 x 8 = 30k gals: IG - Vinyl
    Hayward Sand filter ; 12+ years old
    Ionized Pool.

5. Back To Top    #5

Solomon,

We don't believe in the "magic" of Ionization.. Ask your wife if she would like to buy a bridge I own in New York..

I would suggest you use the search box in the upper right corner of this screen and check out what other have said about Ionization..

There really only three ways that TFP recommends for chlorinating your pool...

1. Manually add Liquid Chlorine or plain Bleach on a regular basis. Usually daily or ever other day.
    2. Use a Stenner pump to automatically add Liquid Chlorine or bleach.
    3. Use a Saltwater Chlorine Generator (SWCG) to convert the salt in your pool into chlorine.

I'm sure others will be along soon with additional comments..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you Jim .... I am going to be looking to possibly convert this pool to salt water
    Montgomery, Al.
    16 x 32 x 8 = 30k gals: IG - Vinyl
    Hayward Sand filter ; 12+ years old
    Ionized Pool.