Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Swim Pure Plus

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Swim Pure Plus

When I scroll through the diagnostics on my neighbors pool, one of the displays on the Hayward Swim Pure Plus shows "AL-1".

What does this indicate?

Thanks
    35,000 Gal. - 40x20x8 - Plaster - SWG Pentair IC 60 - Barracuda G3 Vacuum - Hayward c1750 Cartridge Filter - Blue Torrent VS 1.5hp pump - Pool is 45 years old.

"I'd build a deck over my pool if I didn't have a SWG"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Swim Pure Plus

It really doesn't mean anything as far as operational functions. It just identifies it as SwimPure vs AquaRite.

It is the name sent to an automation system.

AL-0 is AquaRite
    AL-1 NatureSoft
    AL-2 MineralSprings
    AL-3 SmartPure
    AL-4 This changes the default display from average salt to percent output.
    AL-5 This is used with Jandy automation.

Aquarite, naturesoft, mineralsprings and smartpure are essentially the same unit with different branding. Hayward does private labels for certain companies. al-0 to al-3 are basically equivalent other than a superficial name change. AL-4 is not about the name, it just changes the default display. AL-5 needs to be selected for the Jandy automation to control the unit properly.

Also note that the Swimpure is the same as an aquarite. Hayward makes the same model under a bunch of different names. Swimpure, H40, mineral springs, naturesoft, smartpure etc.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Swim Pure Plus

Thanks!
    35,000 Gal. - 40x20x8 - Plaster - SWG Pentair IC 60 - Barracuda G3 Vacuum - Hayward c1750 Cartridge Filter - Blue Torrent VS 1.5hp pump - Pool is 45 years old.

"I'd build a deck over my pool if I didn't have a SWG"