Skimmer placement?

Agd38

Mar 14, 2014
Tampa
Not happy with skimmer cut into the coping. On my last pool it was not cut into the coping but right behind it. Can these be extended? PB said That's how they go. The front of the skimmer has to reach the tile. Or at least come close.
9dcdec8dcaafcae3485557c6690b28ae.jpg
044706bbb55eb12b5288bcb7dea18d10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not the normal installation in gunite. The skimmer mouth is usually met by tile that goes under the coping by about 6", general at a small angle. So the skimmer cover resides about a inch or several behind 12" coping.

Agreed I reached out to PB. I want it past the coping. I hope they can accommodate my request. Since I am doing travertine deck, I also want a square lid cover to blend in with French pattern...thank you for your input!

Question: Is that a normal 8"x16" travertine coping stone? That's what they look like. With the placement of the coping I think you are looking at 18" minimum setback on the skimmer ring to keep it from cutting the travertine. Not sure if that distance is possible or not.

They are 6 X 12 coping . I would like it just passed the 12"and i am getting push back. The skimmer mouth is to close to the wall tile maybe an Inchon. not set back a few more inches.

Just a case of a PB who is set in their ways. He does it that way so everyone else does too and it's the standard! Except that it's not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.