New Build - Central California

Lots more progress with concrete forms today. Mud should start flowing Wednesday or Thursday!!

e3942f2f3817b08374b0bff70e1c5eda.jpg

6c13c7dbc9bdb0d64b4b6b0be2895955.jpg

OUCH! I bet it is not cheap! Not sure if I would want to spend that much money on that. Now if my pockets were REAL deep and I could have everything I wanted AND have that???? I might think about it. BUT if I had to give up something to have it...........nope.

Kim:kim:

Mud starts flowing tomorrow!!!!

I spent the weekend finishing the core of our irrigation system. The manifold is done with 7 zones all wired up - looks like I was able to pull it off with no leaks :) We've got 5 new hose bibs ready to rock as well. It's great to have a 1" pipe feeding a hose, talk about water pressure!

Equipment is ordered. We ended up being able to do the sand filter, a TR-140 :) Woot. It'll get dropped to the house today, and we'll do equipment set on Wednesday.

Likely the pool gets cleaned next Tuesday in prep for plaster. Hopefully we are a about two weeks out from filling it up!

We will also have one of the guys come tomorrow and grade the back part of the lot so that *hopefully* I can put down a bunch of sod this weekend. Progress!

Last edited:
Changed my mind on grading tomorrow. Gonna wait a bit. I gotta be a Dad not always an evening landscaper.

We will give some time for the concrete to set and then grade away (maybe bring in some dirt if needed). I'll delay sod a few weeks. I think all the plants are coming 2nd week of June.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
At least the dirt/mud from the decking will be gone with the pour!

How many pounds of filter sand is that????

Yeah go be a Dad! That is the most important job out there! Now if they are big enough to carry the sod and place it.................I am all about child labor!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.