Auto-fill valve and water level adjustment

miles267

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Sep 5, 2016
Arkansas
Had a an autofill valve plumbed into our new IG pool during build. The PB used a Poolmiser PM-101; uses a conventional water level adjustment like a Fluidmaster toilet fill valve.

Water Leveler - Poolmiser Automatic Water Leveler - PM-101

Had it connected to our irrigation supply line last week with a master shutoff valve. The AF supply is after the RPZ (backflow preventer).

The PM-101 seems pretty simple. Has an overflow drain (the PB didn't connect this anywhere) and a pipe to the pool. Will likely cap the overflow inside the AF so it doesn't drain under our deck. But where does the other pipe connect typically? To a return? I can't see an extra pipe in pool that would seem to be coming from the autofill.

Yet when I remove the cover from Poolmiser, it always has water in it, so it seems to be getting water from the pool somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. Thanks. I believe I've found it, but it's underwater in the shallow end of the pool. In other words, the autofill line is below the water level rather that at or above the surface. Will it still work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.