Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Auto-fill valve and water level adjustment

1. Back To Top    #1

Auto-fill valve and water level adjustment

Had a an autofill valve plumbed into our new IG pool during build. The PB used a Poolmiser PM-101; uses a conventional water level adjustment like a Fluidmaster toilet fill valve.

Water Leveler - Poolmiser Automatic Water Leveler - PM-101

Had it connected to our irrigation supply line last week with a master shutoff valve. The AF supply is after the RPZ (backflow preventer).

The PM-101 seems pretty simple. Has an overflow drain (the PB didn't connect this anywhere) and a pipe to the pool. Will likely cap the overflow inside the AF so it doesn't drain under our deck. But where does the other pipe connect typically? To a return? I can't see an extra pipe in pool that would seem to be coming from the autofill.

Yet when I remove the cover from Poolmiser, it always has water in it, so it seems to be getting water from the pool somewhere.

17'x35' 22,500 gal. Gunite IGP 3.5-8.0 ft. IC60 SWG, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, 4 returns. CCP520 cartridge filter, 3hp IntelliFlo 2 VST VSP, EasyTouch 4, ScreenLogic2, 2 IntelliBrite Color LEDs, Poolmiser autofill, UltraTemp 120R H/C 125K BTU heat pump, Diamond Brite Super Blue, No spa or water features.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: Auto-fill valve and water level adjustment

As you said the pipe to the pool is on it's own, typically directly inline with the leveler. Usually the finish it with a return fitting matching the others in pool

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok. Thanks. I believe I've found it, but it's underwater in the shallow end of the pool. In other words, the autofill line is below the water level rather that at or above the surface. Will it still work?

17'x35' 22,500 gal. Gunite IGP 3.5-8.0 ft. IC60 SWG, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, 4 returns. CCP520 cartridge filter, 3hp IntelliFlo 2 VST VSP, EasyTouch 4, ScreenLogic2, 2 IntelliBrite Color LEDs, Poolmiser autofill, UltraTemp 120R H/C 125K BTU heat pump, Diamond Brite Super Blue, No spa or water features.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by miles267 View Post
    Ok. Thanks. I believe I've found it, but it's underwater in the shallow end of the pool. In other words, the autofill line is below the water level rather that at or above the surface. Will it still work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, it's just squirting water into the pool.
    TFP Moderator

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

Support the site