Loose/Wrinkled Liner

We are first time pool owners. Bought a home with an established in ground pool with vinyl liner late last summer. The former owner came over and helped me close the pool.

I bought a tarp like cover and water tubes online and a chem closing kit. We drained down past the skimmers and turned off everything and covered with her help.

As Spring was nearing I noticed the water level below the cover dropping. We pulled the cover off and quite a few leaves had gotten under causing staining.

But the worst part was somehow the main drain was left open causing the water level to drop about 4-5 feet. Leaving the shallow end empty.

Now, the liner has wrinkled and has pulled off the stairs all together. I have scoured the internet but haven't had luck finding out how to fix my particular issue. How do I mold it back to the stairs?

The liner is about 7-8 years old. Pool is 22'x40', 3.5'-9.5' deep.

Being we just moved money is tight I am praying for a fix to get us through the summer until next year.

Anything you can offer that may help would be great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.