Loose/Wrinkled Liner

Apr 8, 2017
Sharpsburg GA
We are first time pool owners. Bought a home with an established in ground pool with vinyl liner late last summer. The former owner came over and helped me close the pool.

I bought a tarp like cover and water tubes online and a chem closing kit. We drained down past the skimmers and turned off everything and covered with her help.

As Spring was nearing I noticed the water level below the cover dropping. We pulled the cover off and quite a few leaves had gotten under causing staining.

But the worst part was somehow the main drain was left open causing the water level to drop about 4-5 feet. Leaving the shallow end empty.

Now, the liner has wrinkled and has pulled off the stairs all together. I have scoured the internet but haven't had luck finding out how to fix my particular issue. How do I mold it back to the stairs?

The liner is about 7-8 years old. Pool is 22'x40', 3.5'-9.5' deep.

Being we just moved money is tight I am praying for a fix to get us through the summer until next year.

Anything you can offer that may help would be great.

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
Welcome to the forum. Your first question should be with the liner being 8 years old without water on part of it for some time-----------is it brittle or still pliable?

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
J Everything Else 4

Other Threads of Interest