Pentair Rebates

I looked at a Pentair rebate (maybe not same program as you are posting) when I was buying my cleaner, but the retail price the rebate required me to pay (with the rebate deducted) was still higher than I was able to buy for without the rebate.

It seems like Pentair wants you to pay full retail price to get the rebate. But it was a cheaper for me to just buy from Amazon without the rebate. Pentair should just give you rebate regardless of what price you pay.

Just installed the Ultratemp today. Pretty straight forward installation, as we had a large enough power feed to the pool sub-panel.

I believe Pentair says that in order to the get the rebate, the equipment has to be installed by a Pro. Anyone ever deal with that topic? I'm a registered Professional Engineer in my state, maybe I can swing that as a profession :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It seems that the pool equipment manufacturers are all saying the equipment they sell "must be installed by qualified professional installer" to honor the warranty - which I can understand.
But it shouldn't matter regarding "buying the equipment" and getting the rebate. Perhaps they are trying to protect the Pool Service business/installers. I would call Pentair and ask them directly if you will receive the rebate. If they say No, let them know you will be buying all your future equipment from someone else. Maybe that will get them to change their policy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.