Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacement Weir Door - Pentair

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacement Weir Door - Pentair

Thanks to TFP I now know weir doors are important. Good ole PB didn't install any.

But, I'm having trouble verifying which doors are right. The underside of the skimmer lid shows 'Pentair 5063xx Bermuda'. I've found 2 Bermuda replacements online. Interestingly, the Pentair site isn't helpful at all. These skimmers aren't a year old so I doubt they're obsolete but I can't find anything on their site about Bermuda.

There are 516252 (white - 8.5" x 5.375") & 516315 (black - unknown size) part numbers found online. Haven't found any with a 5063 number to match my skimmer lid markings. Thinking about going with black but not sure. Our tile is kinda dark and being recessed the skimmer area is also on the dark side.

Anyone know or have a reference to link?

Thanks
    25k IG / Plaster / Built Jul'16 / Spa with Spillway into Pool / Originally filled with trucked in city water, maintaining level with rain water / Polaris 280 Sweep / Jandy Pro Series EPump a& CV 580 Cartridge Filter / Aquacal Heat Pump / AquaLink Control Panel w/PDA / TF-100 Test Kit / 2 Yellow Labs swimmin' all the time

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacement Weir Door - Pentair

Sorry I don't but WHY isn't this on the PB?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

HI there,

Try Inyo pools online. Swimming Pool Supplies, Pool Safety Cover, Swimming Pool Covers, Swimming Pool Pumps, Pool Pump Parts - INYOPools.com

I know I was looking up weir door part numbers on their site last year. Ultimately I took my broken one to the local pool store and got a replacement.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you, AimeeH. The Inyo pools website has a reference chart: Weir - Weir Doors - Weir Assembly - INYOPools.com

Unfortunately, nothing matches my lid's model number so I'll contact them tomorrow.

The PB has demonstrated a unique ability to be incompetent beyond digging a hole and poorly overseeing subs.
    25k IG / Plaster / Built Jul'16 / Spa with Spillway into Pool / Originally filled with trucked in city water, maintaining level with rain water / Polaris 280 Sweep / Jandy Pro Series EPump a& CV 580 Cartridge Filter / Aquacal Heat Pump / AquaLink Control Panel w/PDA / TF-100 Test Kit / 2 Yellow Labs swimmin' all the time

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh man! Sounds like a gem...

Sorry to hear it.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Please let us know how it goes with Inyo. That way if someone else comes along with the same issue we can direct them appropriately.
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

Survey says.....

Pentair 516252 Replacement Weir Door fits like a glove for skimmers with the markings 'Pentair 5063xx Bermuda' under the skimmer lids.

Looking forward to seeing how the pool surface looks in the morning. The equipment will run for 3 hours tonight. Oak tree droppings have been relentless so this is a great time to have weir doors.