Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Renovate

1. Back To Top    #1

Renovate

Newer owner, I bought the House last summer and remodeled the house first, now im ready to move outside,, The pool was built in the late 70's, and the plaster is coming up in places. The Storage build sits on a pored slab, and is 12x20. The Decking is all wood, underneath is the original concrete 4'wide on the sides, and the ends are 10 foot wide. I want to make the storage building a poolhouse/guest cottage, and remove all the decking returning to a concrete deck, with the end 10x10 pads. Resurfacing the pool, and tile.. Have i lost my mind>?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG,16x33, 19700 gallons, concrete plaster. Hayward s244t pump sand filter. Hayward AquaNaut 200 cleaner. new owner, older pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Renovate

Welcome to TFP!

Yes. Sounds like a good plan to me.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

smith,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for pool questions from those that have lost their minds...

So to answer you question.. Yes, I believe you have... But, worth doing anyways...

Thanks for posting the before pics. Can't wait to see the after pics.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

It will be beautiful a d lots of work. That quite a find, wood at the waterline. A gem.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!