Vero Beach, Fl build

I am brand new to this forum! We are closing on a 2nd home in Vero Beach next month and have been talking to pool builders.. am just curious who did you use? And what was your process was on finding a pool builder in that area.. We are building a similar size pool, but rectangular not free form.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best thing you can do is call around to all of your area builders. See who is willing to come out or to spend time talking to you about what you want in a pool. Try to get at least 3 quotes (more if you can). Share the details here and we can tell what we think of each one.

Kim:kim:

I didn't read the fine print when posting.. about starting a new topic! I asked this on a post where someone was under construction, not too far from where we are building.. So I will add a few more details.

We have never owned any kind of pool, but that was a must have for this house. The lots in our area are small (50 feet wide)and not very deep! So we are restricted on size.

We decided not to go with the builders pool builder, thinking we could get a better price on our own, and we might save a few K, but nothing significant. I searched for local pool builders, then checked their reviews and BBB ratings.. so far we have met with 2 builders, and got one quote over the phone.. that one we discarded. The other two are contenders.

I don't see many posts on costs here.. hope that acceptable- I have to say I was a little in sticker shock after getting the quotes! We have friends in Arizona that have built a few pools, nothing fancy, in the 25-35K range., but this was a few years ago. I was hoping we could stay 45ish with enclosure . Our quotes for approx 14/15 x 30 rectangular , salt water, heater, 2 lights, very small water feature(2-2500) no spa approx 560 sf pavers( adding to what we already have ) are all 51-55. Does that seem fair? Both of the enclosure costs were approx 8K

#1 quote is 90 LF 3-5feet deep 411 sf 54K
#2 quote is 93 lf 3-6feet deep 468 sf $51295

On paper #2 looks like a better deal, but we like the design of #1 better, and it is a builder in our town, so have asked them to give us their best price.. I guess we will see what they can do.

In the meantime.. I've been reading up on everyone elses experiences.. and can't wait to get our pool started!

Prices vary a lot depending on location, so usually the best way to assess quotes is to get a few competitive bids. Also, when comparing them, make sure the bids are clear on what they include, the type of equipment, all specs, etc.

Also, unless there is a particular reason you prefer a 3 ft shallow end, I highly recommend a deeper one. Our pool starts at 4 feet and that is barely to my shoulder (I am 5'7). I think 3'6 would be the absolute minimum. Also, you will have a gentler slope across the length of the pool with a deeper shallow end. Our pool is 4-6ft deep, and 40 ft long, with about 1/2 at 4 ft, 1/4 at 5 ft, and 1/4 at 6ft (roughly).

I didn't read the fine print when posting.. about starting a new topic! I asked this on a post where someone was under construction, not too far from where we are building.. So I will add a few more details.

We have never owned any kind of pool, but that was a must have for this house. The lots in our area are small (50 feet wide)and not very deep! So we are restricted on size.

We decided not to go with the builders pool builder, thinking we could get a better price on our own, and we might save a few K, but nothing significant. I searched for local pool builders, then checked their reviews and BBB ratings.. so far we have met with 2 builders, and got one quote over the phone.. that one we discarded. The other two are contenders.

I don't see many posts on costs here.. hope that acceptable- I have to say I was a little in sticker shock after getting the quotes! We have friends in Arizona that have built a few pools, nothing fancy, in the 25-35K range., but this was a few years ago. I was hoping we could stay 45ish with enclosure . Our quotes for approx 14/15 x 30 rectangular , salt water, heater, 2 lights, very small water feature(2-2500) no spa approx 560 sf pavers( adding to what we already have ) are all 51-55. Does that seem fair? Both of the enclosure costs were approx 8K

#1 quote is 90 LF 3-5feet deep 411 sf 54K
#2 quote is 93 lf 3-6feet deep 468 sf $51295

On paper #2 looks like a better deal, but we like the design of #1 better, and it is a builder in our town, so have asked them to give us their best price.. I guess we will see what they can do.

In the meantime.. I've been reading up on everyone elses experiences.. and can't wait to get our pool started!

Hi Neighbor :wave: I'm not too far away from you in PSL. I am in the home stretch of my first pool build, and between TFP and now some experience under my belt, I have learned quite a bit. I'm in no way a TFP expert, but everyday I am learning just enough to be dangerous! Although there are many variables in pool building which can affect the price, based on the quotes you listed, I can say they are in the ballpark of what i received when I was shopping. I had some factors which had to be taken into consideration such as removing an existing screened patio, so that was included in my quote as well. One thing I can say which helped me out a lot was talking to other people in my community that owned pools. There are 3 PB's in my area who seem to be the most popular in this area. It was very helpful hearing the pros and cons from neighbors who contracted them for different reasons and it ultimately helped me to make an informed decision. I would be more than happy to send you a PM with my PB information and my experience, if that would be helpful to you.

Daintilus - PLEASE pm me with your info! My original post was on your thread, but the admin moved it..

Since our primary residence is up north, and we are building in a brand new community with not too many homeowners yet.. we don't really have the option to talk to our neighbors! So would love to hear about what you learned about the builders and who you went with!

We have 3 quotes, one was from a PB in PSL, the other in Vero and can't remember where the 3rd was.. we did that over the phone. Thanks so much for your help!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.