Hayward DE6020 not cleaning

JimATX

Mar 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Pump is running fine... water movement is not strong and the cleaner (Polaris) is not moving well. I replaced the cleaner in the fall and it is in top condition. I sprayed off the filter grid panels but the water flow is still low and it is not cleaning. Also, since the panel cleaning the panels are not collecting much debris.

How can I tell if I have a crack in the grid assy or if I have a damaged panel? My research points to that possibly being the problem.

small pool, < 10,000 gal.

Jim

Jim,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your filter questions... :snorkle:

I suspect you'll get a lot more answers if you could post a couple of pics of your equipment pad and the filter.

After replacing the filter, did the it work and has suddenly quit working? Or has it not worked since the filter was replaced?

Are you getting DE back into the pool?

Do you have a multiport valve?

The more information you can provide, the more we might be able to help..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

After cleaning the panels again I found 2 with holes in them. 1 reg and the half panel. Any opinions on replacing all with Hayward, replacing jus the 2 with Hayward, or replacing all with off generic brand? Full set of generic is 1/3 the cost.

Also, if I replace just the 2, any issue with leaving the others out of the filter or should I keep them submerged?

Thanks
Jim

- - - Updated - - -

The off brand are Unicel FS-2005. Lots of good reviews.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.