Greetings from TN

Double check every nook and cranny of that ladder before putting it back in - algae LOVES ladders (especially ladders with plastic ballast and other hollow parts).

So that's my question.... There is some algae on the ladder underneath the steps, also quite a bit in the rubber boots. So does being out of the water actually kill the algae or do I need to just scrub the you know what out of it with some bleach?

Get an old toothbrush or other scrubby object that will fit, use a diluted bleach mixture, and scrub that stuff off. Any live algae is going to be a springboard to put you right back into a SLAM the first time you turn your back on the pool. :)

Yay!! Seeing bolt heads from the main drain is when you are standing on the deck/slab close to them. I don't think my eyes could see well even if someone held the bolts up out of the water from the distance between my shallow and deep end (=

Suction for skimmers is "just enough" to full. As long as you have good skimming action, they are good enough. You can use ping pong balls to see how well of skimming action you have. Or, in a pinch, a couple of leaves or blades of grass

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wanted to thank everybody on TFP for getting me to this point. Adding final picture.
9aeca4952e4de0bbd85a22f9f6910921.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.